Our friend A took the IELTS test in Kuwait and remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your recently did a home renovation. Write a letter to your friend and suggest to use your tradesman if he/she needs one. In your letter
– Tell your friend about the renovation
– Recommend your tradesman
– Explain why this is a good idea.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that children should be studying all the mandatory subjects until the age of ten, while others believe they should have an option to select favourite subjects to study. What is your opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What kind of accommodation do you live in?
– Do you have a mirror in your house?
– Do you use it a lot?
– What types of programs do you watch on TV?
– Did you watch TV when you were young?
– What is the difference between watching TV in the past and nowadays?
Talk about an occasion you have attended an event that you had a specific role in. Please say
– When and where did the event occur?
– What was your role there?
– What was the hard part in it?
– Should people do hard things?
– Why don’t most people take risks?
– Should governments prohibit people from taking risks?
– Why is that?