Two IELTS test takers from Malaysia (thank you, Q and D!) remembered the following topics and questions from a recent exam:
Section 1. A customer was talking on the phone with a real-estate agency about new accommodation.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Section 2. A few teachers were discussing how to improve their teaching method for math, because students were afraid of it.
Questions: multiple choice.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. An advertisement of different holiday stays in different countries including villas,farmhouses and cabins.
Passage 2. Information regarding visas to Australia.
Passage 3. Tax tips for employees.
Passage 4. About different types of pens including ball, fountain, quill, metal nib and fiber tips art pens.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your friend wants to visit your town. Write a letter to him/her giving some information about the town. In your letter include
– What is a good time for a visit?
– Describe some interesting places to visit.
– What accommodation is better for his/her stay?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that higher salary is important when choosing a company to work for, while others think that good atmosphere at a workplace is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion with relevant examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is your favourite colour?
– What colour would you paint walls in your home?
– Did you like to wear bright-coloured clothing as a teenager?
– Do you have a favourite teacher?
– What subject did he/she teach?
– Are you still in contact with your teacher?
– Do you think it is important to have good teachers? Why?
– Would you like to become a teacher?
Describe a place that you went to for long time. Please say
– When and where was it?
– With whom did you go there?
– What did you do there?
– Would you like to go there again? Why?
– Do you usually go on long trips?
– What form of transport do you usually use?
– Do you prefer to travel alone or with friends? Why?
– What is the benefit of travelling alone?