M remembered the following questions after taking the IELTS test in Iran:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given charts showing the percentage of boys and girls in primary and secondary schools around the world. We had to summarise the information, select and report the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In many countries plastic bags are the main source of rubbish causing pollution in oceans and on land; therefore they should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Did you do any part time or full time job? Why?
– What job did you do when you were a child?
– How far is your home from here?
– Do you like wild animals?
– Why do you like wild animals?
– Do you have a pet at home?
– Why do you think people keep pets?
Talk about an instance when you were saving money for something. Please say
– What did you save for?
– How did you do it?
– How long did you have to save money for?
– What do you think men are the best at saving money for?
– How do young people save money?
– Why do you think young people save money?
– Why don’t most young people want to save money?
– What factors are affecting them?
– What companies are trying to get people to save money?