V took a General Training IELTS test in India and below are the Writing and Speaking questions he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your family is moving to a new city. Write a letter to the real estate agency in your new city to enquire about a rental house. In your letter
– Explain when you are moving and the reason
– Describe where you would like to live
– Mention the type of house you need.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In many countries in the world people buy clothes and choose hair styles according to the latest fashion. Why is this happening? Is this a positive or a negative development?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Do you live in an apartment or a house?
– Can you describe your house?
– Do you have a favourite room?
– Why do you like this room so much?
– Do you like shopping?
– Do you prefer shopping malls or street markets?
– What is the difference between them?
– Would you shop in a street market in a foreign country?
– Why/Why not?
Talk about a skill that you learned that is useful to you. Please say
– What skill it is
– When you learned it
– How you learned it
– And explain how you feel about it now.
– What kind of skills do people learn these days?
– How do they learn these skills?
– How have skills that are popular today changed compared to the past?
– Are personal skills important?
– Do some jobs require people to have more personal skills than others?