S and G from Malaysia and India remembered the following test questions from their IELTS exams (by the questions it seems the two exams were the same):
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your child’s school has arranged a trip abroad for students. The principal of the school asked some parents to join the trip to help. Write to the school principle and say
– Why do you want to join the trip?
– How could you help during the trip?
– Ask some questions about the trip.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people believe that the use of new technology improves lives of employees. Others think it is a disadvantage for them. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What was your major?
– Where did you complete your study?
– Why did you chose that college?
– Do you feel bored sometimes?
– How often does it happen?
– Why do you feel this way?
– What do you do when you feel bored?
– Do you like to write letters or cards?
– Have you given any letter or card to someone?
– Do you like to receive letters or cards? Why?
Talk about an animal that you like. Please say
– What is it?
– When and where did you see it for the first time?
– Why do you like it?
– How can schools educate children about animals?
– What can children learn from animals?
– How can rare species be preserved?
– What other measures can be used by the government to protect these species, apart from zoos and legislation?