Our friends H. and S. took their General Training IELTS tests in India and Iran (the two tests taken on the same day were identical). Here are the topics and questions they remembered:
Part 1. Job details.
Questions: filling in blanks, multiple choice.
Part 2. About a harbour and different events held there, map and table of programs and their information.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Section 3. Two students were discussing taking different courses.
Questions: multiple choice, information matching.
Section 4. A plant used for biofuel production.
Passage 1. A text about camera exhibition.
Passage 2. Don’t remember.
Passage 3. Tokyo restaurant and its recipe.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You recently took a trip to another city, and you had a plan to visit your friend who is living there. However, you couldn’t see him/her. Write a letter to your friend, and say
– Apologize for not being able to meet.
– Give your reasons.
– Suggest how you can meet some other time.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In the past people wore their traditional clothes and followed their culture. These days most people wear similar clothes and therefore look very similar to one another. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?
Part 1 (Interview)
– What do you like about the area you live in?
– Let’s talk about hair.
– How long have you had your current hair style?
– Do you like to color your hair?
– Do you like going to your hairdresser?
– Have you ever been dissatisfied with your haircut?
– Let’s talk about jeans.
– Why are they popular?
– Do you wear them?
– Did you wear them when you were in school?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a toy you had when you were a child. Please say
– What was it?
– Who gave it to you?
– How did you play with it?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Let’s talk about toys.
– Comparing traditional and new toys, which ones are better?
– Is there any benefit to playing online games?
– What kinds of toys are popular in your country?
– What can children learn from playing with their toys?