An IELTS test taker from Hong Kong (thanks C!) remembered the following writing and speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram showing the process of making clean drinking water using a simple filter with sand, charcoal and small stones. We had to describe the process.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that the use of mobile phones in public is as annoying as smoking and should be banned, similarly to smoking. Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Describe the climate in your country.
– What are the seasons in your country?
– Do you enjoy distinctive seasons?
– Would you like the weather to stay the same all year round?
Describe an experience that was a complete waste of your time. Please say
– What happened?
– Why do you think it was a waste of time?
– How did you feel after that?
– What tasks are a waste of time in your eyes?
– What do you know about time management?
– Do you think time management is important for children? Why?