An IELTS test taker from Hong Kong (thanks M!) remembered the following Writing and Speaking questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart comparing the number of domestic internet connections in 5 countries in 2010 and 2013. There was also a table showing the corresponding percentage increases for the countries.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that artists such as painters, writers and musicians affect our life more than scientists. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can you show me your ID card?
– How far do you live from here?
– Do you like where you live, and why?
– Do you like to travel long distances?
– Do you expect a change in the travel pattern in the future?
– Do you want to travel to the space?
– Do you read newspapers? In print or online?
– Did anyone in your family read a newspaper when you were young?
– Which section did he/she read first?
– Which section do you read first and why?
Describe an occasion when you invited people to your home. Please say
– Who you invited
– Why you invited them to come
– What you did with them
– How you felt after that.
– In your culture, how do people think about hospitality?
– What is the difference between living in a hotel or in your friend’s flat?
– What other services a hotel should add to provide better hospitality?