Our friend R took the IELTS test in China, and remembered the following details:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are going to travel soon. Write to your neighbor and ask for help. In your letter say
– Why do you need help?
– What do you need him/her to do, and when?
– What should he/she do if anything happens?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people spend large amounts of money on celebrating birthdays and weddings. Others think it is unnecessary to spend so much on these events. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Describe a place you live in now.
– Do you like this place? Why?
– How long do you intend to live there?
– Do you prefer to read newspapers or magazines? Why?
– Talk about the first magazine you bought.
– Do you think reading news in English is helpful to you?
– Do you think newspapers and magazines will still exist in the future?
– Do you wear hats or caps? Why?
Talk about a famous company in your home country that you know. Please say
– What company is it?
– How did you come to know about it?
– Why is it so famous?
– Would you like to work in this company? Why?
– Do you agree that a large company provides better services?
– What issues will companies face as they become bigger?
– Are there any advantages to working in such a big company? Why?