Our friends Y and K reported getting the same topics in Canada and Myanmar in a recent exam. Here is what they collectively remembered from the Reading, Writing and Speaking tests:
Passage 1. About carbon sequestration process.
Passage 2. The history of the violin and its development.
Passage 3. About some innovations.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently taken a two-day course. Write to give your feedback to the course organiser and say
– Give details of the course.
– What did you like or dislike about it?
– Suggest some improvements to the course.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays shopping has become a new favourite pastime for young people. What are the reasons for this? Should they be encouraged to develop other hobbies? How?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like it?
– Do you visit your relatives often?
– When was the last time you visited them?
– What do you usually do during your visit?
– Do you prefer to visit your relatives, or friends? Why?
– What is your hometown’s weather like?
– Do you prefer hot or cold weather? Why?
– Do you think you can work in a foreign country with a completely different climate?
Describe an advertisement that you found very interesting. Please say
– What was it about?
– When and where did you see it?
– Why did you find it interesting?
– Did you show it to others?
– Would you go out and buy that product because of the advertisement?
– Do you think advertisements focused on health issues are effective?
– Do you think advertisements targeting children should be allowed?
– What do you think about consumerism in general?
– What are its effects on the society and environment?