Thanks to H and L from Azerbaijan and the UK we have the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent IELTS exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two diagrams. We had to describe the main parts of a hot air balloon and compare ascending and descending in flight.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think students should be encouraged to work or travel after finishing secondary education and before starting university. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Share your own experience and examples.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– How do you celebrate your birthday?
– How did you celebrate your birthdays as a child?
– Do you like your birthday celebration?
– What do you like the most about it?
– Whom do you spend this special day with?
Cue Card 1
Talk about a famous person in your country. Please say
– Who is he/she?
– Why is he/she so famous?
– What did he/she do for the country?
Cue Card 2
Describe a film that you watched and didn’t like. Please say
– What film was it?
– When and where did you watch it?
– Who was there with you?
– Why didn’t you like it?