R. and S. took the IELTS test in Australia and remembered the following questions from the Writing and Speaking test:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your son studies a foreign language at school, but he needs some extra lessons. Write a letter to a teacher asking him/her for some help. In your letter
– Explain why your son needs help.
– Ask the teacher about his/her experience and methods.
– Suggest a possible schedule for extra lessons.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people are happy to spend their whole life living in the same area. Others prefer to live in many different places in their lifetime. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you like your job?
– Do you like perfumes?
– What type of perfume do you like? Why?
– Did you ever buy perfume as a gift for someone?
– Do you buy different perfumes sometimes? Why?
– Let’s talk about time management.
– How do you manage your time?
– Is it difficult for you?
– Do you prefer to be busy all the time or not?
Describe a situation when you had to use the Internet to solve a problem. Please say
– When and where was it?
– What was the situation?
– Explain how you felt after that.
– Do you find the Internet helpful? Why?
– Does it mostly influence us in a positive or negative way?