Our friends, IELTS test takers from Australia and Saudi Arabia, shared the Writing and Speaking questions from a recent exam:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a line graph showing the percentage of quality river water in 4 countries, between 1995 and 2010, and including a forecast for 2015.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people say success can be achieved through hard work and determination, others argue it is reached by using money and personal appearance. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like history?
– Do you like to watch historical movies?
Cue Card 1
Talk about a letter that you received. Please say
– Who was it from?
– Why was it important to you?
– When and where did you receive it?
– What is an important aspect of business communication?
– What kind of letters are historians interested in?
Cue Card 2
Talk about your favorite sport that you like to watch or play. Please say
– What is your favorite sport?
– Where and when does it take place?
– Who plays it?
– Do you think that sport is important in school?
– Why do you think it is important?
– Do you like team or individual sports? Why?