IELTS test in Vietnam, as I’m told, was very similar to the test in Australia, except the Writing and Speaking tasks were different. Here they are, thanks to a kind heart of T.N. who took IELTS in IDP in Hochiminh, Vietnam.
Writing task 1 (report)
We had a bar graph that was showing popularity of 6 sports (football, rugby, snooker, swimming, tennis, and golf) among UK residents in the years 1995, 2000, 2005.
Writing task 2 (essay)
In the past, there were many differences when people traveled to other countries. Nowadays, there were many similarity between cultures all over the world. What are the possible causes in this increasing similarity? Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of this phenomenon?
– What is your name?
– What shall I call you?
– Where do you come from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do in your job?
– Do you like your job?
– Will you change your job in the future?
– Do you give presents?
– When do you give presents?
– Do you think it is important to give presents?
– Should you give expensive presents?
Describe a famous person who you would like to meet, you should say:
– Who is the famous person?
– What is his/her job?
– Where did you first know his/her from?
– What are his/her characteristics?
– And why do you want to meet him/her?
The final part was a discussion about the famous person. I was asked to discuss this theme and express my opinion.
– Why does everyone want to become famous?
– What will they do when they are famous?
– Compare the differences between famous people now and before?
– What are the disadvantages if they are famous?
– The last question I couldn’t hear clearly, and I asked my examiner to repeat it, unfortunately I still couldn’t follow him the second time. However, I answered in general, and I heard him saying um huh, …, uhm huh.