I have to interrupt the sequence of IELTS tips we were so lucky to get from Debashis, our Band 9 achiever, to update you on the latest IELTS topics people are sharing with me. All credits for today’s report go to S. from Australia, who remembered this much about her exam:
The only thing S. remembered was many questions of “fill in the blanks” type, using one – three words, and a few of multiple choice questions.
Passage 1: A tour package.
Passage 2: Medical policy for university students.
Passage 3: Studies about differences between men & women throughout history.
Questions: Filling in the gaps (one,two or three words), Multiple choices (a,b or c), Matching headings to paragraphs.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to the head of the department of education to show your appreciation of a course you attended. In you letter
– explain about the course,
– how have the course benefited you in your life/work.
Machines have taken over domestic jobs that used to be done by hand. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this? Give examples from your own experience.
– What is your name?
– May I see your ID?
– Where do you live?
– Why did you choose to live there?
Talk about the climate in your country, you should say:
– How hot or cold is the climate?
– How much rain do you get?
– Do you think your friends will like the weather here, in Australia?
– Compare the Australian weather to the one of your home country.
– What kind of weather do you like and why?
– How do you think weather affects economy?