Today we are sharing some ideas for writing an essay on the topic below, which was recently seen in the IELTS exam in Saudi Arabia. Below you will find a list of arguments that can be used in your own essay.
The arguments are independent, and you can use any or all of them. To get your work checked and marked by a teacher, please get instructions on this page.
Writing task 2 topic
Some say that public health is important and there should be more sports facilities. Others say that they have small impact on individuals. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task and write at least 250 words.
Public health has been the primary concern not only for civilians but also for governments around the globe. However, when it comes to measures of its improvement, views differ greatly.
View 1 – arguments
1. Since sports facilities are of great benefit to citizens’ physical health, it is absolutely necessary and wise to enhance their numbers for the sake of the improvement of public health.
2. Sports facilities that are easily found and controlled can provide great convenience to people who have paucity of time to take physical exercises more flexibly.
3. Sports facilities are particularly welcomed by senior citizens and youngsters whose health is vital to the whole society. Therefore, more sports facilities should be built to meet the great demand of citizens of all ages.
4. There is no doubt that taking regular physical exercise reduces the incidence of obesity and heart diseases to some extent, so that increasing the number of sports facilities in the local communities can help some people to establish an active lifestyle, thereby improving their health condition.
View 2 – arguments
1. It is a fact that only a minority of people utilize facilities at sports centres to keep fit, which means the vast majority of people do not benefit from this programme.
2. Some people argue that the use of sports facilities is restricted by time, seasons and location. Therefore, they are not suitable for all citizens, especially those working from 9am till 5pm.
3. Modern diseases are triggered by various factors, such as eating unhealthy food and neglecting regular checkups. Hence, it is recommended that governments and health authorities put health education among the masses high on their agenda and raise public awareness on health issues. This can be accomplished by delivering information on how to lead a healthy life to every household, and putting stringent regulations on the fast food industry.
Improving public health requires a combined effort and no single action can resolve the problem effectively. In addition, although solving the problem is not insurmountable, yet a long term commitment by both individuals and governments is required.
paucity, stringent, vital, incidence, obesity, triggered, advocate, accomplish, neglecting, insurmountable
This essay plan was kindly provided by Nipun Jain, IELTS-Blog Essay Evaluation Team
Poverty is a global problem, especially for developing countries of Asian and African continents. Every year they have received lot of financial aid from different developed countries and organizations but yet people of these areas lived under poverty line. However, some people think that developing countries should be taken other kind of support with monetary grant. Personally, I am supporting the people who think that other kinds of help with financial support needed to mitigate or end the poverty from developing countries.
On the one side, nowadays developing countries has suffered lot of problems like poverty, unemployment problem, overpopulation, pollution, political unrest, low production and many more. However, poverty is the root causes of all problems in the developing countries and every year donor parties or many developed nation has given them monetary support especially soft loan to eradicate the current poverty problem. But, still the poverty problem is there because only money is not enough to solve the poverty problem within these supports. For instance, every fiscal year ADB or World Bank has been supporting the poor nations to overcome the poverty through grants but still these countries have suffered due to poverty.
On the other hand, the developing countries has needed others support from donor agency or developed countries like skill training program for increasing long term income generating activities, development of awareness program to optimize the population, mechanization in agriculture and proper utilization of agriculture land. Furthermore, it will be better if they are helping the people to learn more soft skill for working in foreign countries to support their families and countries. Besides, the Government of developing countries should facilitate their manpower through entrepreneurship development program and others. Additionally, the Government of developing countries should focus on their own resources and set a plan to overcome the poverty problems and it would be great if they invite more foreign investment in the countries like roads and highways, shipment and building construction, educational support for the development of the countries. For example, Bangladesh was a low income country just few year ago but now this country enter intro middle income countries by not only receipt the grants from developed countries but also they have receipt others help from donor parties and also they have own plan to mitigate the poverty problem.
To sum up, I think the developing countries should take others long term support (e.g. training, educational backup, infrastructure development, export business, exposure program and many more) from developed countries plus financial help for specific time. However, the developing countries have own plan how to mitigate the poverty problems by proper utilization of own resources.