Bhaskar from India received Band 8.5 in IELTS and felt like sharing. Here is his advice to fellow IELTS candidates:
“I achieved 8.5 bands in my IELTS exam. And most of all I am grateful to myself for making the extra effort required in achieving this wonderful score.
To many of my friends, who always ask as to how to prepare best, I wish to tell:
1. Practice thoroughly, there are no shortcuts.
2. You must make the necessary effort to speak out in public regularly to improve your speaking. This is one area where most lack and by far it is the easiest section of IELTS.
3. You must read newspapers and magazines regularly, since it enhances one’s reading and writing skills while also adding new words to one’s vocabulary.A nd not only read, but also try to understand the use of every word.
4. Getting in conversations with others primarily in English is one of the best approaches to improve your listening and speaking skills. Also it would enhance your knowledge which would prove beneficial for the writing exam.
5. And remember to practice.
I’d like to thank Bhaskar and invite other high achievers to share the secrets of their success. Please leave a comment on this post or if you’re subscribed to IELTS-Blog – reply to my email and tell me, why did you get the high score. I’d love to hear from you!