You are here: Section 2
This free IELTS reading test (General Training Module) has the same question types, content style, length and difficulty as a standard IELTS test. To get started simply scroll down to read the text and answer the questions.
Note: the best way to take our practice tests is on a Desktop computer or a tablet. They will work on a mobile phone, but it’s not as convenient.
Looking for more reading practice tests? Our online course has over 15 complete practice tests as well as end of lesson tests and reading texts used in the lessons.
When you have finished the test, make a note of the number of correct answers and move on to Section 3.
NANNYING POSITIONS WORLDWIDE
Are you a qualified nanny and have at least 1 year’s post-qualification experience looking after children?
We can help you find a suitable employment position in one of 16 destination countries.
No registration fee applies for job applicants.
What do our services include?
- An online ‘matching service’ which allows you to post your CV and we will contact you if any families are interested in offering you a position.
- We conduct interviews on behalf of our clients at one of our 4 offices in the U.K.
- Arrangement of a return flight, the cost of which will be covered by your employer.
- Many positions also include medical insurance for the length of your contract.
- Arrangement of full employment contracts between you and your new employer prior to leaving the UK.
- A visa assistance service is available for countries where visas are required (additional costs apply)
You are also entitled to:
- On-going support throughout your contract in the unlikely event of experiencing difficulties
- Access to our ‘Nannies Abroad’ online network and discussion forum.
- Access to an agency staff member via our 24-hour emergency contact facility.
Call us for more information on 1800 222 649
Childcare Solutions was established in 1985 by three qualified nannies who returned to the UK after 5 year’s working overseas. We understand that the opportunity to work abroad appeals to many; however, due to language barriers and safety concerns we realise that many experienced professionals are dissuaded from going ahead with their dream.
Through our established partnerships with sister organisations in 16 countries worldwide, we are able to match child care professionals with appropriate families across the globe.
We have different sized families and different lengths of contract available, so contact us today and let us know what type of work, in which location you are looking for.
Additional requirements to register with Childcare Solutions
*Where pre-written references are provided we will contact your referees personally to reconfirm.
So call us today and let us assist you in fulfilling your career goals overseas.
QUESTIONS 15 – 20
Read the advertisement above and answer Questions 15-20.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the advertisement?
In boxes 15-20, write:
TRUE if the statement agrees with the information
FALSE if the statement contradicts the information
NOT GIVEN if there is no information on this
15. Applicants are required to attend an interview with the family interested in offering a work position.
16. Childcare Solutions pays for flights for nannies placed in positions overseas.
17. Costs of visas vary depending on destination.
18. The organisation was set up by experienced childcare workers.
19. Nannies are employed for a minimum of 6 months.
20. The organisation requires recommendations from two previous employers.
A. About Language Express
B. Entry Requirements for Language Students
C. Entry Requirements for Business Students
D. Course Commencement
E. Orientation for New Students
F. Unique Opportunities
G. International Links
H. Additional Academic Support
I. The Facilities
J. Examinations and Graduation
K. Social Activities
L. The Student Council
QUESTIONS 21 – 27
Each of the short paragraphs below (21-27) gives information about an education institution called Language Express.
Read each paragraph and choose which of the chapter headings in the prospectus, A-L, would contain this information.
Write the correct letter A-L in boxes 21-27 on your answer sheet.
21. Language Express provides students with access to a state-of-the-art computer laboratory, extensive library, comfortable and tranquil private study area and Language Support Tutors in the Learning Support Centre. Should you be experiencing any difficulties with your course, make an appointment with a tutor and they will be able to offer you one-to-one advice and help you plan a study schedule and access resources to assist you in meeting your learning goals.
22. Members are elected by their peers at the beginning of each academic year. They are on hand to communicate between the student body and academic and management staff of the school. Their role is to keep us informed of any requests or complaints from our students that may not be raised on an individual level. Members often also recommend social activities and are active in ensuring that everyone also enjoys their recreation time.
23. As far as we are aware, we are the only institution in our city that has such extensive links with industry. We are able to place our students in work experience positions during semester breaks which provide you with an opportunity to gain valuable work experience which will differentiate you from other applicants and help you to secure the employment position you deserve.
24. Language Express was established in 1990 and cooperates with 10 other prestigious education institutions in various countries. Graduates from our business programmes are able to cross-credit their courses into a number of nominated courses on offer at our sister institutions. Our goal is to provide quality education to our students and to assist them in achieving their goals.
25. Students of any level can join our classes; we offer instruction from beginner to advanced level. However, enrolment into language classes require students to have studied to a minimum of high school level and are required to attend and orientation. During Orientation, one of the first priorities is to arrange a test for our students so that we know which class is most suitable for them. Our weekly tests will allow you to measure your progress for yourself. Many of our students go on to enroll in one of our professional qualification courses; but whatever your interest or goals we can help you fulfill your potential. Please note: potential students must have a valid student visa before they can attend our classes.
(1) have studied to a high school level, (2) attend an orientation, and (3) have a valid student visa
26. Several courses are assessed purely via assignments and presentations; however, should your course involve a final test, they are held two weeks after lectures finish – this means you have a two week period in which to prepare and revise. Graduation ceremonies are held twice a year; the largest being in April and smaller ceremony in November for students who successfully finish at the end of Semester 2.
27. Semester start dates for business courses vary slightly from year to year (dates for this year and the following year are found on our website). There are three semesters each year (though students may decide to study for only two terms and take a summer school holiday). The language school intake is more flexible and students are able to begin their course on any Monday apart from in December when the institution closes for a three week holiday.
Show All Correct Answers
Once you have finished, check your answers, then move on to Section 3.
This test originally appeared on https://ieltsforfree.com/free-ielts-practice-tests/