An IELTS test taker from the USA (thanks, S!) remembered the following topics after a recent exam:
Section 1. A lady wanted photos of her son from a newspaper office.
Section 2. A talk about saving energy at home and a company that can help with it.
Section 3. A professor and two students were discussing their field trip.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. An article about H1N1 (swine flu) virus and the vaccine for it.
Passage 2. An article on swimming pools and memberships.
Passage 3. An article on federal work, study and students’ work schedules.
Passage 4. An article on the difference between professional and non-professional tennis.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently joined a sports centre and encountered some issues during your visits. Write a letter to the centre manager about it and say
– What do you like about the centre?
– Mention the problems that you have had there.
– Give your view on how to solve those problems.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays people get married and have children after the age of 30. Is it a positive or negative development? Give your opinion and examples based on your experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you have many trees or other vegetation in your city?
– Do you like gardening? Why?
– Did you ever plant a tree?
Talk about a situation when you came across a stranger and helped him/her. Please say
– Describe the situation and what you did.
– When and where did it take place?
– How did you feel after helping that stranger?
– Let’s talk about volunteering jobs.
– Should older children volunteer?
– What happens when you volunteer?
– Do you think speaking one language globally is good?