Thanks to the IELTS test takers M and D we know this much about the recent exam, which was the same in the Philippines and in India:
Section 1. A phone conversation about dance lessons.
Section 2. About cars.
Section 3. A conversation between a student and his professor about the research on obesity.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. A guide book about different museums.
Questions: True/False/Not Given, match headings to paragraphs.
Passage 2. Online job application form for electricians in Canada.
Questions: sentence completion.
Passage 3. About dream weaving and the future of clothing.
Questions: match headings to paragraphs, summary completion.
Passage 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently had a problem in your area. Write a letter to the council and say
– Where do you live?
– What was the problem?
– What action should be taken by the council?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that competition is good for children’s development while others believe it is bad. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What is the meaning of your name?
– What do you do for work?
– Which tax do you like? Why?
– What is your favourite food ?
– What food was you favourite as a child?
– Did your mother allow you to eat it?
– When did you cook something for the first time?
– Do you like to take photos?
– Which type of photos do you like?
Talk about a foreign country that you visited or would like to visit. Please say
– What country is it?
– Why did you choose it out of many others?
– Whom did you travel with?
– Why do people travel in your opinion?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of travelling for local people?
– How often do you travel?