IELTS test takers Z and S shared the following details about their exams in Azerbaijan and India. No one remembered the Listening or Reading questions, but they had a good recollection of the Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given two plans of a museum in different years. We had to describe all changes during this period.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
In some countries citizens are allowed to keep a gun in their home. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages? Discuss and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Tell me about your last birthday party.
– How do people celebrate a birthday in your country?
Cue Card 1
Talk about a person that you spend a lot of time with. Please say
– Who is she/he?
– Where did you meet for the first time?
– Why do you spend so much time together?
– Who else do you spend time with?
– Do you spend most of the time with family, friends or workmates?
– Do you think having a lot of friends is good or not?
– How should managers control employees?
– Are strict rules at the workplace useful for controlling employees?
Cue Card 2
Describe a sport that you played or watched. Please say
– What is it?
– Why did you like it?
– Are you still interested in it? Why?
– Does sport promote competitive spirit among children?
– Is there a competitive spirit in school?
– Do you support a ranking system?
– Does giving awards to winners cause disappointment and depression among others?