The topics and questions below were shared by A, who recently took an IELTS exam in Ecuador.
Section 1. About a wedding venue.
Questions: Filling in blanks and multiple choice with 3 possible answers.
Section 2. About sports activities.
Section 3. About an experiment with a rocket transporting an egg.
Section 4. A teacher was giving instructions for a task related to monument structures.
Passage 1. Article about an event venue.
Passage 2. Set of rules for company employees.
Passage 3. How to start your own business.
Passage 4. Place offering different camp activities.
Passage 5. Ancient and modern clocks.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You are taking a course at college, but you are not happy with it. You would like to change to a different course. Write a letter and include the following:
- What course are you taking?
- Why aren’t you happy with the course?
- Which course would you like to take instead?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
There is a trend in some countries to get married at an older age and also to have children later in life. Why is it happening? Discuss positive and negative aspects of such trend.
- Please say your full name.
- What should I call you?
- Are you currently working or studying?
- Do you plan to stay in this job for a long time?
Talk about a country or town you would like to visit. Please say
- What country / town is it?
- With whom would you like to go?
- How do you plan to get there?
- Why do you want to go there?
- Will people be traveling more in the future? Why or why not?
- Is technology helping to improve travel?
- IELTS test in the UAE, India, Qatar – July 2013 (General Training) Three of our students (thank you S, O and S!)...
- IELTS test in Australia and Japan – November 2013 (General Training) Our friends S and H remembered the following questions from...
- IELTS test in Malaysia and Australia – July 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from Malaysia and Australia shared their Writing...
- IELTS test in the USA – July 2013 (General Training) A test taker from the USA (thank you V!) shared...
- IELTS test in Singapore – October 2013 (General Training) Our friend L who took the IELTS test in Singapore...