Below are the Writing topics and Speaking questions from the recent General Training IELTS exam in Australia (thanks to the contributor K).
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have moved to another city to do a short term course. Write a letter to invite a friend to do the course with you. Please say
- why you want your friend to join the course,
- what the benefits of this course are,
- how joining the course will help your friend.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many historic buildings are being destroyed or damaged. What are the reasons for this? What should be done to preserve these buildings?
- What is your full name?
- What should I call you?
- Do you work or study?
- Do you enjoy your work?
- Would you like to change this job?
- Do you like your name?
- Who gives a name to a baby in your culture?
- Describe the naming ceremony in your culture.
Talk about a day off and how you would like to spend it. Please say
- Where would you like to go?
- What would you like to do?
- Whom would you go with?
- How do you usually feel at the end of a day off?
- Would you like a single long holiday or many short holidays in a year? Why?
- Do you think men and women have different activities to do in their free time? Why?
- IELTS test in Australia – July 2013 (General Training) An IELTS test taker from Australia (thanks C!) shared the...
- IELTS test in Malaysia and Australia – July 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from Malaysia and Australia shared their Writing...
- IELTS test in the UAE, India, Qatar – July 2013 (General Training) Three of our students (thank you S, O and S!)...
- IELTS test in Australia – March 2013 (General Training) The IELTS test taker M from Australia (thank you!) shared...
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – September 2013 (General Training) IELTS test takers from Australia (thank you, J and N!)...