Below are the Writing topics and Speaking questions from the recent General Training IELTS exam in Australia (thanks to the contributor K).
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have moved to another city to do a short term course. Write a letter to invite a friend to do the course with you. Please say
– why you want your friend to join the course,
– what the benefits of this course are,
– how joining the course will help your friend.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many historic buildings are being destroyed or damaged. What are the reasons for this? What should be done to preserve these buildings?
– What is your full name?
– What should I call you?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you enjoy your work?
– Would you like to change this job?
– Do you like your name?
– Who gives a name to a baby in your culture?
– Describe the naming ceremony in your culture.
Talk about a day off and how you would like to spend it. Please say
– Where would you like to go?
– What would you like to do?
– Whom would you go with?
– How do you usually feel at the end of a day off?
– Would you like a single long holiday or many short holidays in a year? Why?
– Do you think men and women have different activities to do in their free time? Why?
- IELTS test in India – July 2016 (General Training) Our friends I and P remembered the Listening and Reading...
- IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia – June 2016 (General Training) Our friend M took the IELTS test in Melbourne, Australia...
- IELTS test in Australia – May 2016 (General Training) Our kind friend E took the IELTS test in Australia...
- IELTS test in Australia – January 2016 (General Training) Our friend A took the IELTS test in Australia and...
- IELTS test in Sydney, Australia – March 2016 (General Training) Our friend S took the IELTS test in Sydney, Australia...