Our latest winner, an IELTS candidate from the Philippines, Donmarl Camua explains what he did to achieve Band 8.0 in his Academic exam.
Coming from the Philippines, a country where English is the second official language, I do certainly have some advantage in taking the IELTS. However, in IELTS – just like in any exam – preparation is always the key.
I may be fluent in English, but if I didn’t take time to do homework, attend a class or do online exercises, I may not have the score that I need for my Immigration Application.
If you want to get high scores, dedicate enough time to studying.
WHAT I DID
Prior to taking the exam:
I did some research. I searched and downloaded reviewers and e-books on the Internet. I gathered all the reviewers I could find. I made sure that I do at least one reviewer a day.
I subscribed to the IELTS-Blog.com. I thank the creators of this website, because it helped me a lot during my review. The “overview of IELTS Exams” shared by blog subscribers, helped me plan what to practice.
I took a review class sponsored by the test center, the IDP Philippines, to get tips from the actual examiners. We were given some tips on what the examiners look at in the written exams. We were taught how to do skimming and scanning in the Reading exams.
Again, if you want to be successful in IELTS, make time to prepare.
And when you prepare, prepare to WIN.
Simone says: I would like to ask all the people reading this post – if you achieved Band score 7 and up in IELTS and have tips to share – please click here and let me know.
- IELTS preparation tips that helped Bahar get Band 8.5 (Speaking) Bahar Ranjbaran is a 17-year old Iranian lady who took...
- What helped Dona get Band 8.5 in IELTS Today I am happy to share the tips we received...
- IELTS preparation tips that helped Bahar get Band 8.5 (Reading) These IELTS Reading tips were shared by Bahar, who received...
- Student success: Christoph and Joyce share tips for Band 7.5 plus Christoph and Joyce are two of our students from Germany...
- IELTS tips for Band 8 from a competition winner Achieving a great result in IELTS is very important to...