When O took the IELTS test in Nigeria he was asked the following questions in the Writing and Speaking sections:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You and your colleagues just came back from a foreign language training. Write a letter to the manager and say
– explain how you and your colleagues enjoyed the training
– suggest more training sessions in the future
– say when and where it should be conducted.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
The tendency of human beings to copy one another is increasing in popularity. Is this a positive or a negative development? What can be done about it?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– How far is your home from this place (the exam venue)?
– How long have you been living there?
– Do you use a dictionary? Why?
– Do you prefer an online dictionary or a printed one? Why?
– Can you tell me about some interesting places in your country?
Talk about a major river in your country. Please say
– Describe the river.
– Where is it located?
– Why is it important for your country?
– What are interesting activities around the river area?
– What do you think about the commercialization of the ocean or rivers?