The exam below was shared by M, who took her IELTS exam in Russia.
Section 1. A woman was calling an insurance company office.
Section 2. About a student’s report.
Section 3. A girl’s report about Scottish pine trees.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. An article about laughing.
Passage 2. About people’s tendency to buy more things they don’t really need and what ways there are to cope with this.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Writing Task 1 (a report)
We were given pie charts describing the proportion of clothing imports to the USA and Japan in 1995 and 2000.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
In many cities people prefer to live alone or in small family units, rather than in large family groups. Is it a positive or a negative trend?
– What is your name?
– Do you work or study?
– Is your profession popular in your country?
– Did you enjoy visiting museums when you were a child?
– When did you visit a museum last time?
– What books do children enjoy reading in your country?
Describe a project or a piece of work you did together with someone, please say
– who it was,
– what you have done,
-why you have chosen this person.
– Do you think it is important to do something with another person?
– Is it important for children to have subjects in school that include working with another person?
– What subjects would those be?
– How could businesses work together with schools or universities?
– How could wealthy countries help poor countries?