According to IELTS test takers from Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia the exams in these countries were the same (thank you N, Y and S). Here are the details they remembered:
Section 1. A conversation about a playground and its location.
Section 2. A conversation between two people regarding their Arts resumes.
Section 3. Don’t remember.
Section 4. A lecture on how to prepare yourself for mountain climbing.
Questions: short-answer questions (no more than 1 word).
Passage 1. About the development of banknotes, starting from coins invention.
Passage 2. Don’t remember.
Passage 3. An explanation how to present your product in a store or a supermarket.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a table with figures of cars production in Argentina, Thailand and Australia between 2003 and 2009. We had to describe the table and make any relevant comparisons.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays more people are living by themselves. What are the reasons for this? Will this have a negative or a positive impact on the society?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do for a job?
– Why did you choose this job?
– What was your first day experience?
Cue Card 1
Talk about a family member whom you enjoy spending time with. Please say
– How much time do you spend together?
– What do you do?
– Why do you like spending time with him/her?
– Why do some families have close relationships and others don’t?
– Do different cultures influence it?
– Why are people choosing to live independently?
– Did the family system change in your country?
– Why are social network sites so popular?
– How is Facebook helpful to you?
– Would you be upset if there were no updates on your Facebook wall?
Cue Card 2
Talk about a good habit of your friend. Please say
– what habit it is
– why you consider this a good habit.
– What is your opinion about people who always have a routine schedule?
– What do you think about their creativity?
Cue Card 3
Describe a family celebration. Please say
– what the reason for this celebration was
– when it took place
– who attended it
– how you felt about it.
– Why is there a tendency to marry later in life nowadays?
– What is your opinion on marriage?
– Is it good or bad for a husband and wife to have the same level of education?