IELTS test takers from Malaysia and Australia shared their Writing and Speaking topics (it was all they remembered). Thank you, K and M!
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You saw an advertisement for a position to look after a house in Scotland while the owner is away, write a letter to the owner and say
– Introduce yourself.
– Why are you interested in this job?
– Ask some questions about the job.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
The popularity of mobile phones among young people is a growing rapidly. Is it a good or a bad development? Give your own opinion and relevant examples from experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Did you play with toys when you were a child?
– What kinds of toys did you like? Why?
– In your country, do boys and girls play with the same types of toys?
– Do you still have your toys? Why?
Describe a party that you would like to arrange for your friends or family. Please say
– Who would you invite to the party?
– When and where would you hold the party?
– What would you and the guests do at the party?
– Explain why you would hold this party.
– What preparations would you need for this party?
– What kind of parties do people like to give in your country?
– Is there any change in this trend at present compared to the past?
– What reasons do you think can bring such changes?
– What is the relevance of international festivals or celebrations to the world’s community?