Our friend T remembered the following topics and questions from a recent IELTS exam in Indonesia:
Section 1. A phone conversation about booking a restaurant for a surprise party.
Section 2. A radio program about different cycling tracks.
Section 3. A conversation between a tutor and a student who wants to do a field study.
Section 4. About human sense of smell.
Passage 1. About the effect of exercise on human brain.
Passage 2. About the development of television in the UK.
Passage 3. About the controversy of tourism.
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a graph showing the percentage of female members in parliament in five European countries.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people think that drivers should pay for building and maintaining roads, while others think that the government should pay the costs of infrastructure. What is your opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge or experience.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What is the most challenging thing at your work?
– Why is that?
– Let’s talk about e-mails.
– Are e-mails popular in your country? Why?
– How often do you write and send e-mails?
– Do you think e-mail will be still popular in the future? Why?
– Let’s talk about neighbors.
– Do you know your neighbors?
– Do you prefer younger or older people as neighbors?
Talk about your favorite piece of clothing. Please say
– What is it?
– Why do you like it?
– How often do you wear it?
– Do you think people enjoy buying clothes?
– Why do some people go together with other people when shopping for clothes?
– Is online shopping useful in buying clothes?
– What’s the effect of fashion industry on the current fashion?
– What’s the effect of fashion on people’s behavior regarding clothes?
– Do people care about recycling their clothing?