L remembered the following IELTS test questions after taking the exam in India:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently attended a job interview which went well, but you are still waiting for the decision. Write a letter to HR manager of the company and say
– Give details of the job.
– Why do you think the interview went well?
– Why do you need to know the result?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe it is important to give gifts and presents to friends and family to show that we care about them. Others think that there are better ways to show affection to them. Discuss both the views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– Are you friendly with your neighbours?
– How good is the place where you live now?
– Do you like paintings?
– What kind of paintings do you prefer?
– Would you like to participate in the Olympic Games?
Talk about a language that you would like to learn soon, other than English. Please say
– What is the language?
– Why do you want to learn it?
– How can you do it?
– Is it important to learn other foreign languages? Why?
– Do you think language is related to culture?
– How can you learn a foreign culture?
– How can we differentiate one’s culture from their language?
– Do you think your mother tongue is influenced by other languages?