H took the IELTS test in India and below are the Writing and Speaking questions she remembered:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a graph showing the numbers of migrant workers in four countries: Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the US. We had to write a report and make comparisons where relevant.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Computer games and films containing violence are popular today. Some people think that these are harmful for our society and the government should ban them. Others argue that such games and films are fine for entertainment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you study?
– Do you like your college?
– Would you make any changes in your college? Why?
– Do you like painting?
– What kind of pictures would you like to draw?
– Do you think that having pictures at home is good?
– Would you like it if someone drew your picture?
– What kind of shoes do you like to wear?
– How often do you buy shoes?
– Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?
Describe a family business you know. Please say
– What is it?
– How did you come across it?
– Who are their customers?
– What are advantages and disadvantages of a family business?
– Why do some people like to work in large scale businesses?
– What are the reasons that many businesses fail in their first year?
– What are the qualities of a good business person?
– Why do some people like to start their own businesses?