Here are some high-scoring Part 1 model answers for Speaking Test that was shared by a test taker from the USA. The answers show a good way to respond to these questions. You can find Part 2 (cue card) and Part 3 answers on the VIP Club website.
Part 1 (Interview)
1. Did you learn geography as a child?
Yes, this was one of the subjects that we all had to study in primary school, but I chose not to continue with it in high school. It just wasn’t my cup of tea.
2. Would you visit a country just because of its geographical location?
No, I know that a lot of people do take this into consideration, but I have a greater interest in the history and culture of the places I visit. I tend not to visit any sort of natural landmarks and choose historically significant sites instead.
3. Did you solve puzzles as a child?
Yes, this was something that my dad thought was fun to do as a family. He would often bring home different sets of puzzles, especially ones that involved fitting shapes together in a clever sort of way.
4. What kind, word or number puzzles?
Like I said before, my father encouraged us to fiddle around with many different types of puzzles, but I always enjoyed the ones that involved numbers.
5. Do you think elderly people should be encouraged to solve puzzles?
Yes, I am a firm believer that our minds need mental exercise just as much as our body needs physical activity. From my own experience, the elderly members of our family who still do things like solving crosswords or Sudoku are better at staying sharp.
6. Do you solve number puzzles while commuting?
Heavens no! I wish I had the time to do things like that. When I am on the road, I am almost always late, and mentally trying to prepare myself for a tough day at work or if I am on my way home, I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner that will satisfy my picky kids.
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a photo you took that you are proud of. You should say
– When you took it
– Why you took it
– What is on the photo
– And explain why you are proud of this photo.
Read a model answer on the VIP Club website
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you take selfies? Why?
– Is it a good way to capture some magical moments?
– Why do people take photos?
– Do you think old photos help us learn about history?
– Do you think that pictures from ancient time-periods would be helpful enough to learn about the past?
– What would be more helpful, pictures or written eyewitness accounts, and why?
Read model answers on the VIP Club website