This update was sent by our friend, IELTS candidate, from the UK where she took an Academic exam.
Writing task 1 (report)
We got a pie chart and a table to compare.
The pie chart showed 4 countries of origin, that sent their residents on holidays to Australia and the table showed the length of their stay (e.g. 10 days), their accommodation (e.g. 4-5 star hotels and camping/caravan) and the main activities they have done on their holiday (e.g. sightseeing, surfing).
Writing Task 2 (essay)
After the students leave school, they are unable to get a job and thus become unemployed.
1. What impact it will have on the students themselves and the society when they become unemployed?
2. What do you think the government can do for the unemployed students?
Th examiner asked me some personal and general questions, such as
– where I come from,
– whether I like visiting museums,
– whether I like cooking,
– whether I am working or studying and
– why I choose nursing as my profession.
I had to talk for 2-3 minutes about a special present that I gave someone.
The examiner asked me
– why people like giving present to other people,
– when do we give presents in my country,
– why some people like giving homemade presents rather than buying them from a shop
Then he asked me about a bit about charity, like why people do not give charity anymore.