IELTS Letter, topic: Cleaning job application

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m writing this letter housekeeper as advertised in the “Daily News” on 6th of November 2007.

I have worked for the “Care-givers” home for 5 years and thereafter was transferred to the main branch in Durban. This branch caters for two hundred people. I was appointed the supervisor, with five staff reporting to me. I have gained much experience in planning, organizing and leading in this job. I have worked with all types of people and know how to handle any problems that may arise.

The reason why I would like to apply for this job is because your private home would benefit from my experience. I would be able to give much more attention to the needs of the home due to its size. My credentials . I to an interview to further discuss my experience with you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Faithfully,
M Munsamy

This is a good letter. It has the correct structure and covers the task. The sentences are mostly well structured, although some show use of inappropriate expressions. The vocabulary is fine.There are a few grammatical errors, see comments. Overall, this looks like a Band 6.5 – 7 letter.

Click here to see more IELTS letters of band 7

to apply for a position of a
speak for themselves
Please find them enclosed in this letter
am looking forward