IELTS essay, topic: Childcare training courses should be mandatory for all parents (agree/disagree)

Childcare training courses should be mandatory for all parents. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.

It is true that parents need some knowledge and experience in order to raise their in an appropriate way. In this regard, many families attend different training courses. While I agree that these courses might be useful for some of them, I totally disagree with the recommended obligatory of such training.

On the one hand, training courses usually offered by governments could be very useful for those guardians who have a with special needs. For example, if a child has a birth defect or has been diagnosed with any mental or musculoskeletal disorders, these kinds of training could be lifesaving. Additionally, as we know, the first few months after birth are really a crucial period of a child’s life; parents should obtain different information related to their child’s vaccinations, common health problems, different developmental issues and so on, which can be delivered through such training courses.

On the other hand, I believe that making these programs a mandatory option would cause several problems for societies and individuals as well. To begin with, in order to achieve this goal, many professionals should be trained which may not be affordable for some governments. From an individual’s point of view, this kind of programs could be very time-consuming for some families who have other at home or who work long hours. The other important consideration is that parent training courses may not provide all the necessary information for each and every family. To be more specific, parents could get more beneficial information through different websites such as YouTube according to their own preferences.

In conclusion, although I believe that many families can take advantage training courses, I do believe that making them a compulsory option for everyone is too time and money-consuming for individuals and governments.

The introduction is very good and relevant. The writer’s position is balanced, relevantly and properly developed in two body paragraphs. The conclusion summarizes both sides of the argument and logically finished the essay. To maintain the necessary level of formality the word ‘kids’ should be replaced with ‘children’ everywhere in this essay. The use of prepositions needs more attention as some are inappropriate or incorrect. The length could be reduced – it’s not necessary to write a very long essay to get a higher score, and often it is better to write a shorter essay (no shorter than 250 words though!) but spend more time proofreading, correcting errors and improving the quality of writing. Overall this essay is likely to score Band 8 in IELTS.

Click here to see more IELTS essays of Band 8

use the word ‘children’ to maintain the necessary level of formality in your essay
‘nature’ or ‘character’ is the right word to use here
child
‘as’ isn’t needed here
using the word ‘compulsory’ will help to avoid repetition of ‘mandatory’
use ‘children’ to maintain formality
‘of’ is the right preposition to use here
‘as’ isn’t needed here

3 thoughts on “IELTS essay, topic: Childcare training courses should be mandatory for all parents (agree/disagree)”

1. It is true that parents should learn more knowledge and experience in order to raise their child in an appropriate way. The childcare courses should consider as a compulsory course for parents. In this essay, we will examine a few points to favour the statement.

Nowadays, most of the parents are working these days and tend to travel, which is why they couldn’t give time to their children in such a way they supposed to do. By having the childcare course one can have a piece of knowledge, how to manage time for their child’s better nutrition and care. For instance: Lately, a mid-term survey reported that 70% of married women who have a child are either working in a corporate or private sector these days. Because of that their children spend most of their time in school or an institute and doesn’t get proper health care or any other precautions. Which need to be improved by grasping more childcare tips.

However, experience is something which becomes a road path for some parents and leads them to have healthy care of their infant. Either if one has better knowledge, it does not mean he couldn’t have more, because it is something, which never goes waste. For example: In the nineties, people used to make their sanitary pads for a healthy lifestyle, back then it was good but in twenty-one-century people shifted to much more healthier or safer sanitary pads and it happens because they enhance their knowledge.

In conclusion, we observe that the more you learn, the more you improve. Childcare course should be mandatory for parents, to learn or to share an experience.

2. While I agree that childcare training courses are necessary, I believe that they should be a choice. Mandating them would put unnecessary pressure on parents who do not want to go through this process, as well as taking up time they could devote to their children. If something were to happen to the parent, I could see how it could be beneficial for a parent to have had some type of experience with their child’s care.