IELTS exam in Canada – May 2009 (Academic Module)
Today we’ve got D from Canada telling about his recent IELTS exam. Here’s what he remembers:
Writing Task 1 (report)
Two graphs were given to compare the performance of trains in October and November 2008. The categories were “delayed trains” and and “train cancellations”.
Writing Task 2 (essay)
Some people say that teaching foreign language to children in primary school is good and that advantages of teaching foreign language early outweigh the disadvantages. What is your opinion?
We started by discussing my work.
– Do you find any difficulty in doing that work?
– Through which medium do you get the news?
– What is the importance of reading newspapers?
– How often do visitors visit your county?
What famous person you would like to meet?
– Who is this person?
– Where did you hear about that person?
– Why is he/she that famous?
– Explain why you want to meet that person.
– Why do you think people want to be famous?
– Do famous person have privacy? How much of it?
– What do you think, are famous persons role models?
– What are the disadvantages of them not being role models?
– People say that adults are responsible for being role models for the young. What do you think?