An IELTS test taker from the USA remembered the following topics and questions from a recent IELTS exam:
Section 1. About a sports club membership.
Questions: diagram labelling.
Section 2. A person inquired about an apartment rental.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. An article about the origin of maps.
Passage 2, 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a friend who is looking for a part time job to support his studies. In your letter
– Describe the job you found for him/her
– Explain why this job is good for him/her
– Say what he/she needs to do to get the job
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Many people agree that free public transportation should be available in most major cities. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this idea?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you have enough holidays during the year?
– Do you think we need more holidays?
– What is the most popular sport in your country?
– What sport would you like to do in the future, if any?
– How are the elderly treated in your country?
– Do you think older people can still be employed and stay in the workforce?
– What jobs should they be doing mostly?
Describe a stage in your life that you think was the happiest, so far. Please say
– When and where was it?
– Why was it the happiest?
– How do you feel about it now?
– Is it easy to be happy with your life?
– What can make our life happier?