Our Indian friend M shared the details of a recent IELTS exam. M didn’t remember the listening or the reading topics, but had a good recollection of the Writing and Speaking:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to the bus company, to express the appreciation of the good service that you received from them recently.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some believe that an easier hobby is more beneficial than a difficult hobby. Discuss.
– Describe your city.
– Is it good for younger generation to live in your city? Why?
Talk about foreign music that you heard. Please say
– What type of music was it?
– How has it influenced you?
– Does music play an important role in our society?
– What type of music do people in your country prefer?
– Do you think the taste in music changes with age?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of music?
The Speaking questions below were shared by S after his recent IELTS exam in Nigeria.
– Can you tell me your full name?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What subject are you studying?
– Do you think many people study this subject?
– When do you think a mobile phone is most useful?
– Do you think our environment is noisy nowadays?
– What kind of noise do you like or dislike?
Describe an advertisement that you saw or heard recently. Please say
– What is the name of the advertisement?
– Explain what it is about.
– Why did you remember this advertisement?
– What type of media is mostly used for advertising?
– Do you think children like ads?
– Are they influenced by ads?
– Are you aware of any regulations imposed on advertisement?
– Do you think advertisement should be regulated since children are influenced by it?
– What other methods apart from singing and dancing do advertisers use?