Subscribe hereRSS of IELTS-Blog.com via RSS or via email Help

IELTS-Blog

Your best IELTS study partner

IELTS Essay, topic: Learning about the past

Hey, you're new here! I love new people, welcome.

You may want to subscribe to IELTS-Blog and get all the updates via email or via RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!

Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Evaluation of the importance of timing is essential, many people they are sticking to past to show the importance of their present, while many shows that no need to even remember their past because it would not help them at all. It is a very controversial and complicated matter.

Do not look to past, many people believe on this statement, for many reasons. Firstly, all of us had made many mistakes which we would not like to remember, they will affect their present because they can create some problems with our families as example. Secondly, instead of remembering those past trials, one should get the benefits of their present.

Regardless of what I said previously, many people are sticking to their past to give themselves a push in their present. It can give you a way of learning from your mistakes, and a good chance to try to avoid anything that once lead to a past failure.

Moreover, success will not come without failure, everybody should make an attempt, even if it fails, and it may become a big success if they try it again and again. In addition, our past is our culture and heritage which we should not forget at all, it is a matter of value to our present and future, and will remain such till the day will die.

To sum up, in my opinion, we can not live without a past, it is our value of life. Beside it can help create your experiences and solve your problems better in the future.

This essay is too short – it should be at least 250 words, writing less words means getting penalized. The structure of sentences needs work and so does the grammar. Do not address the “audience”, write in general (See the comments for the last sentence of the third paragraph). Overall, this looks like a Band 6 work. See comments underlined in blue for more details.

Click here to see more IELTS essays of band 6