Our friend F took the IELTS test in Sri Lanka and remembered the following topics and questions:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a multiple line graph describing households that used technological devices like mobile phones, CD/DVD players, Internet and computers in the UK from 1997 to 2001. We had to summarise and compare data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some people believe that construction of new public buildings such as museums, town halls and sporting facilities is more important than renovation of the existing ones, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Describe your home town.
– Would you like to see your home town in better condition in the future?
– What would you like to share with others?
– Did your parents teach you about sharing as a child?
– What don’t you like to share with others?
– Why is that?
Describe a party that you have attended recently. Please say
– Where and when did it take place?
– Who has arranged the party?
– What did you do there?
– Did you like it? Why?
– Do you believe that people today have more parties than in the past?
– Do you think people spend too much money on weddings?
– Do you agree with it?
– Describe a festival in your country.
– Do you think that tourists like these festivals?