Our friend A. remembered the following IELTS Writing and Speaking questions from a recent test in Nigeria:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
You have recently attended a professional course. Write a letter to your manager to thank him/her for the opportunity and say
– What was it about?
– Explain why it was helpful to you.
– Suggest other co-workers to participate in this course.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
More people today prefer to live alone in comparison to the past. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? Give your opinion and relevant examples to support your view.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– Do you like it there?
– What are the major issues in your neighbourhood?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a toy that you played with as a child. Please say
– What was it?
– Who gave it to you?
– Where and when was it?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– How did you play with it?
– Did you like that toy? Why?
– Compare toys children played with in the past and now.
– What kind of games do children play nowadays?
– Why do you think parents prefer to keep kids busy with games rather than being with them?
– How does advertising affect the choice of products by children?
– Do you think people are generally patient in your country?
– Why do you think so?