Our friend B remembered the following IELTS Writing and Speaking questions from a recent test in Nigeria:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Some new employees have just joined your company to gain work experience. Write a letter to them and say
– What work do you do?
– What will they be doing on their first day at work?
– What should a person bring along on the first day?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays newspapers publish information about private lives of individuals. Some people think the government should maintain certain control over the information that gets published, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you work?
– What do you do?
– Why did you choose this place to work?
– What do you do at your job?
– Do you like perfumes?
– What type of perfumes do you like?
– Did you ever give a perfume as a gift to someone?
– What would make you buy an expensive perfume?
– Do you like traveling?
– How often do you travel?
– Where did you travel recently?
– Why did go there?
– Did you like the place?
Talk about someone you know who has studied a foreign language. Please say
– Who is that person?
– Why did he/she learn it?
– How often does he/she speak it?
– What are the benefits of a foreign language to a person?
– How did he/she feel about learning the language?
– Does he/she speak other languages?
– What is easier, speaking or writing in a foreign language?
– What is easier, to learn a foreign language or a foreign culture?
– Can you learn a foreign language and speak it like a native speaker?
– Do children have the ability to learn a foreign language easier than adults?
– Should the government support people studying languages in foreign countries?