Our friend V. took the IELTS test in Malaysia and remembered the following questions from the Writing and Speaking tests:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
There is a musical instrument class available in the classified ads section of the newspaper. Write a letter to the music academy, in your letter
– say that you are interested in attending the class
– ask about the days and times the class is available
– explain that you have some previous experience as well.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Some people say that historical buildings should be knocked down, while others believe that they should be preserved and restored instead. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– What software skills are required and HR personal is looking for?
– What software skills are you good at?
– Explain why these skills are important for recruiting a person.
– How can women achieve a better work-life balance?
– How important is a career for a woman?
– What is more important, a career or managing a household?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a situation when something in your house broke or stopped working. Please say
– What was it?
– What happened when it broke/stopped working?
– How did you feel about it?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do you think people buy second-hand products?
– Why do people sell second-hand goods and advertise them on the internet?
– Do you think advertising fools people?