Our friend C. took a General Training IELTS test in India and below are the Writing and Speaking questions he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to a book store manager who is living in another city. Ask him/her to make available a book that you are interested in. Include the following in your letter:
– What book are you looking for?
– Why do you need this book?
– How are you going to purchase the book?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Television Sport shows such as the Olympics are a good source of motivation for our youths who do not like to exercise much. Do you agree or disagree? Include relevant examples in your answer and provide your own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Where do you live now?
– What do you do on your job?
– Have you ever considered before working in this field?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Talk about a person who motivated you in your life. Please say:
– Who was he/she?
– How did he/she motivate you?
– Where and when did he/she motivate you?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Do you like perfume?
– How much you can spend on perfume?
– Have you ever bought perfume as a gift for someone?
– Who can motivate children better to achieve their goals, parents or teachers?
– Why do you think so?
– How can a person motivate children?