L took the IELTS test in India and below are the Writing and Speaking questions he remembered:
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a bar chart about movie production in five different countries between 2005 and 2010. We had to summarise and explain the data.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Today credit cards are easy to get in many countries, but some people who use them struggle to repay their debt. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to using credit cards? What is the solution to this problem?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What do you do?
– Do you live in a house or an apartment?
– Do you like it there?
– How much time do you spend on social media?
– Do you find it helpful?
– What are the advantages and disadvantages of social media?
– Do you think more people will use it in the future?
– Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
– What weather do you like the most?
– If you are studying, does the weather affect you?
Talk about an instance when you invited a friend for a meal in a restaurant or at home. Please say
– Who did you invite?
– When and where did it take place?
– Did you enjoy it? Why?
– Let’s talk about food.
– Do you prefer home cooking or take away food from restaurants?
– Do you think people will prefer restaurant food in the future?
– Do you think restaurant food is healthy?