V took IELTS in Canada and remembered the following topics and questions (thank you V for sharing!):
Writing task 1 (a report)
We were given a diagram showing the process of water filtering to make it potable (safe to drink).
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Some think that developing a successful career is more important than spending time with family and friends, while others disagree. Discuss both views and give our own opinion.
Part 1 (Interview)
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– What did you study? Why?
– Do you think people have enough patience in your country?
– Are you a patient person?
– How patient are you while waiting for a bus?
– What do you do during this time?
– Did somebody teach you how to be patient?
Part 2 (Cue Card)
Describe a school you went to as a child. Please say
– What school was it?
– Who was your teacher?
– What have you learnt there?
Part 3 (Discussion)
– Why do you still remember all these details?
– What type of schools are there in your country?
– Can everyone afford to go to private schools?
– How has the education system changed in recent years?
– What are the main differences in the education system now compared to the past?
– Are school teachers strict enough today?