The IELTS Writing and Speaking questions below were shared by C who took the test in Canberra, Australia:
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Your mentor recommended you to learn a new language and gave you contact details of a teacher. Following his advice, you need to write a letter to the teacher and say
– What is your motivation to learn a new language?
– How can the teacher help you?
– When will you be ready to start?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Nowadays air travel is cheaper than in the past. Is this a positive or a negative development? Discuss and give your own opinion.
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– How is the education system in your country?
– Do you find it a good system? Why?
– How did you choose the subjects for your study?
– Did you take someone’s advice?
– Do you think it was a good advice? Why?
– Do you think it is always good to follow the advice you are given? Why?
– Have you ever given advice to someone else?
– What do you think about advice in general?
– Do you like nature in general, and trees in particular?
– Do you have a childhood memory that includes trees?
Talk about an ambition that you have. Please say
– What is it?
– Why do you want to achieve it?
– What have you done to achieve it?
– Explain why you have not achieved it yet.
– How important is it to have an ambition in life?
– Do you think children are taught to be ambitious?
– Is it important to have ambitious people in the society?
– Do you think ambitions of people in the past affect us today?