Our friends J and S shared these questions from the IELTS exams they had in Malaysia and Australia:
Section 1. A conversation between a tourist and a receptionist about the jogging track nearby.
Questions: filling in blanks.
Section 2. A conversation about a driving lesson.
Questions: filling in blanks, diagram/map labeling.
Section 3, 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About a leisure park which consist of a few theme parks.
Questions: match activity to the park name.
Passage 2. About a camera surveillance system in the organization installed by the employer.
Passage 3. Don’t remember.
Passage 4. About the usage of flax plant and leaves in New Zealand by Maori tribe.
Questions: filling in blanks, True/False/Not Given, choose best title suitable for the whole passage.
Writing task 1 (a letter)
Write a letter to an English teacher whom you know and ask to borrow a few English books to help a child of your friends to study. Please say
– Give details of the child.
– When and where do you plan to teach him/her?
– What books do you want to borrow?
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
Unhealthy lifestyle leads to many health problems. Why do people still live an unhealthy lifestyle? What could be a solution for this problem?
– What is your full name?
– Can I see your ID?
– Where are you from?
– Do you work or study?
– Where do you live now?
– What do you dislike about the house?
– Does it rain frequently in your area?
– Do people in your country like rain or not?
Cue Card 1
Talk about an ancient piece kept in your home. Please say
– What is it?
– Who bought it?
– Why is it important?
– Do people come to your home to see it?
– Should every ancient piece be kept at home or not? Why?
– Is there a famous museum in your country?
– Do you think historical buildings should be preserved or not?
Cue Card 2
Talk about your favourite wild animal. Please say:
– What animal is it?
– Describe the animal.
– Why is this animal your favourite?
– Is it important for kids to see animals?
– Tell me about a positive teenage experience you had.
– Do you think young people should spend more time with older people?
– What do you think will help them to communicate better?