IELTS exams in Australia and Malaysia, shared by N and H where identical (apart from the speaking section, of course), and below are the topics and questions N and H remembered:
Section 1. Shelves arrangement in an electrical appliances shop.
Section 2. About SUV vehicles.
Section 3. Children’s weight gain and how parents can influence it.
Section 4. Don’t remember.
Passage 1. About bovids (birds) and their sub-species.
Questions: matching headings to paragraphs.
Passage 2. About art and life of artists in the 19th century.
Questions: filling in blanks, multiple choice.
Passage 3. A text about hydrogen fuel technology.
Questions: True/False/Not Given.
Writing task 1 (a report)
The first graph showed the performance of a bus company, expressed as ratio of achieved to expected during the period of 5 years (1999-2003). The second graph was about the number of complaints received per thousand passengers during the same period.
Writing task 2 (an essay)
Many people say there is a need to protect the environment, but put no effort when it comes to them. Do you belong to these people? What actions could be taken to prevent this? Discuss and provide real life examples.
– May I know your name?
– Do you work or study?
– What is the importance of your course?
– Do you like science?
– Did you enjoy science lessons at school?
– What kind of science do you read about?
– Do you like flowers? Why?
– What is the meaning of flowers in your country?
– On what occasions do you use flowers in your country?
Talk about a happy event in your childhood. Please say
– What happened?
– Who was present at the event?
– Why did you remember that event?
– What does make people happy?
– Do you believe that people used to define happiness in a different way in the past?
– Did the concept of happiness change in time?
– What do you have to do to achieve a long-term happiness?