IELTS exam in the UK was shared by A and M who have kindly sent us the following topics and questions:
Writing Task 1 (a report)
There was a process diagram to describe. The diagram illustrated 3 methods used by companies to recruit new employees. Method 1 was advertisement within the company. Method 2 was advertisement in press. Method 3 was recruitment through an agency.
Writing Task 2 (an essay)
The housing shortage today in big cities can have severe social consequences. Many people think that only government actions can solve this problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
– What is your full name?
– Which country do you came from?
– Do you work or study?
– Do you like your work?
– What course you are taking?
– Do you like the fashion of clothes in the UK?
– Do you like shopping?
– What kind of clothes do you like?
– Do you read magazines or newspapers in a foreign language?
– What articles or columns of magazines or newspapers have you read recently?
Cue Card 1
Talk about a person that you know who you once helped, please say
– Who that person was,
– What they needed help with,
– Why you helped them,
– How you felt about it.
Cue Card 2
Describe any public event (e.g. carnival, sports event, religious event) which you went to. Please say:
– What was the event?
– Whom you went with to the event?
– What did you do at the event?
– Explain why people need to go to this event.
I was asked to talk about crowd:
– What are the negative and positive effects on people living in crowded cities?
– What are the trends of population in your country?